Overview of an Optometrist
An optometrist is technically a licensed health care O.D., which means Doctor of Optometry, and is a professional whom is trained to provide the following eye care services:
- Perform vision tests
- Prescribe contact lenses and eyeglasses
- Perform routine eye exams
- Diagnose and treat glaucoma, eye infections, dry eyes among a vast array of other ocular conditions. We also co-manage cataracts, LASIK (laser vision correction) and many ocular diseases.
- Diagnose other physical ailments and diseases that may be contributing to eye problems such as high blood sugar, anxiety issues and hypertension
- Examine and diagnose nearsightedness, farsightedness and other common vision disorders
- Perform minor surgical procedures such as removing foreign objects from eyes and instilling punctal plugs to help patients with dry eyes
Our Co-management with Ophthalmologists
- Ophthalmic plastic surgery
- Pediatric ophthalmology
- To perform reconstructive plastic surgery in the case of severe head trauma
Boca Family Eye Care co-manages cataract surgery, Lasik as well as other refractive procedures with our local ophthalmologist colleagues. We are happy to offer you Lasik or cataract surgery consultation services. Please contact us for details.